The Real Business Analyst is a place for you to find and seek information that facilitates you in being the best Business Analyst you can be, in your real-world work situations.
It has been developed by Luci Caldwell (previously Luci Knight), a senior Business Analyst working in Brisbane, Australia. Luci has 14 years Business Analyst experience in both government and private companies, as a contractor, permanent employee and consultant. Luci is dedicated to the Business Analyst profession; she is a member of the International Institute of Business Analysts and is a Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP®). Luci is also certified in the TOGAF 9 Enterprise Architecture Framework, and as a Scrum Master with Scrum Alliance.
Luci started her career in business analysis by completing a major in IT design and modelling as part of her Bachelor of Science at the Australian National University in Canberra. Following that, Luci developed her skills through direct work experience and various training courses. Luci’s areas of expertise (in no particular order) include:
- Consulting skills
- Client Relationship skills
- General Analysis skills
- System modelling using the Unified Modelling Language (UML) including Use Case modelling
- Business Process modelling using the Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)
- Database modelling using Entity-Relationship diagrams
- User Interface (UI) design including accessibility and usability
- Documentation and writing skills
- Requirements analysis and elicitation methods, including workshop facilitation and interview techniques
- Training, including training material development and delivery
- Enterprise Analysis, including organisation analysis and Enterprise Architecture
- Business Case development and strategic planning
Luci is available for one-on-one coaching in the above technical and soft skills in the Gold Coast and Brisbane Area. Please use the Contact page to contact her with queries regarding coaching sessions.